Thursday, June 11, 2009

March 16, 2009

hey familia,

This week was really good, probably the best week at the MTC. To start off an elder in my district had his girlfriend sneak us some real cheeseburgers in. We have never been so happy in all our lives! You should have seen everyone drooling ha-ha. During service this week we also found "the pillow room". Its a huge room full of pillows 5 ft. high. me and a couple elders set up jumps and would get running starts and do flips, It's best thing I've done in 2 months fun wise. We also had zone conference on Friday and it was so awesome. I learned a lot about the atonement and it pumped us up to get in the field and work. For the fireside on Tuesday James J. Hamula spoke to us. I'm callin it right now that he's the next apostle they'll announce it in a couple weeks, it was a really good talk. He spoke about our return to God. The greatest question of our existence is whether upon our return to our presence of god, we will be able to stay or be turned away. The power of redemption of sin is for everyone but it is not free. As missionaries we are to inspire faith in the lord Jesus Christ, inspirer and motivate people to prepare to meet God. When you understand why and what our purpose is you will invite others to make commitments. If interest is in the investigator you will not only teach doctrine but invite them to live it. By being here we realize that this is the most important thing we can do, is to invite others to come closer to Christ and to look at the eternal perspective of things. Our purpose is to prepare to meet Heavenly Father, our job is to teach others this. Its not just something I can do as a missionary but for the rest of my life. The message that stood out to me the most was we will all return to God but thats why the atonement is so important. I cant imagine the feeling of being turned away from the presence of the Lord. I gave an hour talk yesterday in our zone about Christ's earthly ministry. I'm sure all of you know a lot about it but I invite you to study his life while on earth, this week. I promise you will gain or regain a better appreciation for the atonement. I love you all and am grateful for your support. I'm so excited to go to new York in 2 weeks. my Spanish still isn't great but with a few more months I'm sure ill catch on. I know that this is gonna be the best 2 years of my life. It isn't easy and I know it will get a lot harder but I'm going love it. as Leroy says its all about attitude.

I love you, Elder Breinholt

No comments:

Post a Comment