Wednesday, January 20, 2010

January 11, 2010

Hey everyone!Man, this week flew right by. I don’t even remember what I did, it’s all a blur. The week went really well though, cold of course but got to deal with it. Complaining about the cold wont change a thing, it’s all mental anyways ha-ha. We spent a lot of time looking for new investigators and have dropped a few old ones because they have blockers that they can’t overcome. The mission is hard when it comes to dropping people. You know they need the gospel so bad and it will help them with all their problems but they just can’t see it from the point of view that we have as members. I get so frustrated because I just want people to be happy living the gospel and they will never find that happiness anywhere else.I was able to go to the temple for my year mark. I went with 16 missionaries. It was the most incredible experience. I forgot over the last 10 month the feeling in the temple. There is a spirit that is felt in the temple that is not felt ANYWHERE ELSE on earth. I have felt the spirit everyday since the MTC but it isn’t the same. I’ve had many spiritual experiences and seen miracles, but it isn’t the same. There’s just that feeling in the temple that can be felt in every temple and it’s the spirit of the lord’s house. My testimony of the gospel was strengthened even more just going and helping other people makes such great covenants with the lord. I think that we should be able to go every couple months. I think it’s weird that we are held back from doing service in the temple but twice in 2 years. It just doesn’t seem right to me. It was an awesome experience though, I enjoyed it a lot, and Manhattan was cool too ha. We are still trying to get our good investigators to church.It has been so difficult this transfer for some reason. I’m just trying to work hard and I have a companion that is negative about everything but doesn’t have ideas to change things. He’s frustrating but we have never fought. I’ve kinda learned to deal with things and people better. Its awesome being able to learn from each companion and build up who I am and who I want to become. It’s stressful not having a baptism this transfer. It kills me, but I know that I’m doing my best. This is the last week of the transfer, which I can’t believe. I just want to find some new investigators that are prepared so if incase I leave I left the place with a pool. I think I might be going to long island but I guess we will see. I hope everyone is doing well.My message to the world is just CHILL. Everyone gets so caught up in the little things and so caught up in the world and loses sight of what’s really important. Why are we here in the first place? We are here to have JOY. It’s so simple. Adam fell that men might be and men are that they might have (JOY). We forget about that all the time. So the world needs to just CHILL and just live life and be happy. Don’t lose sight of what’s important. That’s all I have to say though. I love you all have an awesome week, Elder Breinholt P.S.We also had a Holland TV crew in our pad filming all of us this morning. They are following the zone leaders around today for some TV show on what 20 year olds are doing around the world and they decided to come here and film missionaries. One of the ZL’s is from Europe so that’s why they’re following them but it was weird this morning but cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment